We are the free content sharing network for education.
We are a non-profit community operating a free network for learning material & knowledge content sharing our resources in order to support the availability and quality of content and free software in the field of education.
about edu sharing.net
This is the new website of the edu-sharing.net association. The re-launch of this site is only the first step, more changes are to follow over the course of the year:
For members and partners there will be a (internal) community section. This area can be used to discuss, plan and coordinate. Projects, working groups, editorial and author communities will be provided with their own virtual space.
revision of the information portal
Our revised information portal will soon be accessible at infoportal.edu-sharing.net. In this area we will publish interesting facts from the field of e-learning and knowledge management.
authoring environment of the information portal
Authors get access to an advanced authoring environment for the creation of articles and multimedia learning scenarios. As a user you will be provided with subscription features that allow you to compile selections of articles which can be published on your website.
new product and service page
As a non-profit organization the edu-sharing NETWORK takes care of to the availability of high quality learning content, the network organization, quality assurance and the initial consulting for non-profit organizations.
At www.edu-sharing.com you can find a separate website managed by the software developers of the open source system. There you will find information about products and services surrounding the edu-sharing open source technologies.
our activities in 2013
The activities of the edu-sharing NETWORK are determined annually at the general assembly. For 2013 the following projects are in progress:
- Revision of the networking concept (according to the requirements of schools in North Rhine-Westphalia)
- agreement on network policies
- preparation of new content license templates for schools
content availability and quality
- integration of content sources (such as DMG Lib)
- negotiation activities with publishers
- network expansion in the educational sector
- federation of repositires in the field of higher education
software availability and quality
- revision of the graphical user interfaces
- deeper integration of the popular LMS "moodle"
- connection of the ILIAS-learning platform
- plug-ins for the OLAT / OPAL LMS
- continuous improvements to the repository and networking technologies
Support our current development
The new WYSIWYG-integration for moodle will make the work with the edu-sharing repository even more convenient. After a generous donation we only need 10 man-days to finish the implementation work. We kindly ask you for a donation. Therefore please use our PayPal button or our bank account information on the page "Activities".